Peter Zumthor Quotes

Enjoy the top 40 famous quotes, sayings and quotations by Peter Zumthor.

Peter Zumthor Quotes

In a fragment of a second you can understand: Things you know, things you dont know, things you dont know that you dont know, conscious, unconscious, things which in a fragrant of a second you can react to: we can all imagine why this capacity was given to us as human beings - I guess to survive. Architecture to me has the same kind of capacity. It takes longer to capture, but the essence to me is the same. I call this atmosphere. When you experience a building and it gets to you. It sticks in your memory and your feelings. I guess thats what I am trying to do.
— Peter Zumthor —

I've built two wooden houses near Vals. I built them for my wife. Those were private projects.

— Peter Zumthor

My relationship to plants becomes closer and closer. They make me quiet; I like to be in their company.

— Peter Zumthor

What I try to do is the art of building, and the art of building is the art of construction; it is not only about forms and shapes and images.

— Peter Zumthor

I am convinced that a good building must be capable of absorbing the traces of human life and taking on a specific richness ... I think of the patina of age on materials, of innumerable small scratches on surfaces, of varnish that has grown dull and brittle, and of edges polished by use.

— Peter Zumthor

Architecture to me is whole. I cannot say I only care about this 25% and the other 75% I let go ... it's just I want to work the way I want to work. In my shop, you can order certain things and other things you cannot. They are not available.

— Peter Zumthor

If I look at history, it seems that most wars and most cruel things have been done by men and not by women.

— Peter Zumthor

Normally, architects render a service. They implement what other people want. This is not what I do. I like to develop the use of the building together with the client, in a process, so that as we go along we become more intelligent.

— Peter Zumthor

In order to design buildings with a sensuous connection to life, one must think in a way that goes far beyond form and construction.

— Peter Zumthor

Peter Zumthor Quotes Pictures

Want to see more pictures of Peter Zumthor quotes? Click on image of Peter Zumthor quotes to view full size.

Peter Zumthor Quotes Pictures 1
Peter Zumthor Quotes Pictures 2
Peter Zumthor Quotes Pictures 3
Peter Zumthor Quotes Pictures 4